The iQx P1ANS software effectively tackles cyber security concerns through the integration of robust cybersecurity elements, such as the incorporation of Single Sign-On (SSO) protocols. Additionally, the software provides versatile options for local deployment, enhancing the security measures in place to safeguard sensitive information.
Single Sign-On (SSO) is a centralised user authentication system that offers both security and convenience. SSO allows users to access software applications using a single set of login credentials, reducing the risk of unauthorised access and simplifying the login process. iQx P1ANS incorporates SSO protocols to provide strong authentication and enhanced security, while also streamlining user experience.
SSO provides several benefits compared to conventional authentication methods:
- Improved security: By reducing the number of login credentials, SSO minimises the risk of phishing attacks and password-related security breaches.
- Enhanced user experience: Users can access multiple applications on their machine without the need to remember multiple passwords, promoting efficiency and productivity.
- Simplified administration: IT departments can manage user access and permissions centrally, ensuring a consistent security policy across all applications.
iQx applications are cloud-based but offers also local deployment alternatives. This flexibility grants organisations increased control over their data and systems while preserving the advantages of cloud-based solutions:
- Compliance with regional regulations: Adhering to local data storage requirements, such as those in Abu Dhabi, ensures that companies avoid penalties and maintain their business reputation.
- Enhanced data security: Local deployment allows organisations to safeguard sensitive data by storing it within their own controlled environment, reducing the risk of unauthorised access or breaches.
- Customised security measures: Companies can implement tailored security protocols and infrastructure, meeting their unique needs and industry-specific requirements.
Securing sensitive data is a top priority when utilising external software in the drilling industry. Adopting Single Sign-On (SSO) and taking advantage of local deployment when necessary not only secures an organisation's data but also positions it at the forefront of data-driven well time, risk and cost management.
By prioritising cybersecurity, iQx enables the energy industry to confidently leverage external drilling time and cost estimation software solutions, protecting sensitive data and reducing the risk of cyber threats in the ever-evolving digital landscape.