AGR's Well Management was assigned to evaluate the best option between the different Mobile Drilling Unit (MODU) types. The drilling campaign in focus was to take place in a water-depth that was within the capabilities of both a jack-up and a semi-submersible.
The choice of which MODU was best suited given the weather conditions and the variance in costs was complex and AGR’s client needed a simple presentation of the best solution.
- Long lead-time before the start of the campaign and a very variable rig rate
- Differing weather conditions depending on the time of year the operation would take place
- Very different impacts of the weather on the operations’ capabilities of each different type of MODU.
WHAT VALUE DID iQx™ BRING TO THE CLIENT?
- Using P1™ and probabilistic modelling, the two options including the risk and cost outcomes, were reviewed with a clear basis for the decision on which MODU to use
- The presentation to our client’s partners and management was refined to two slides showing the time and cost
- A very complex decision that could have resulted in much debate was distilled into an easily understandable choice.
- Logical breakdown of operational steps
- A systematic review of time and cost for the campaign using the different types of MODU
- An objective review of the risks and range of possible outcomes
iQx™ application for time, cost and risk simulation
New image block